All Hail the Fourth Reich!
They sure don’t waste any time, do they?
This article begins the junta’s attempt to spin 'random' searches in the metro Detriot area as a ‘necessary step’ in the War on Terra. As an added bonus, we can now intimidate and terrorize our own populace! Yesterday, I read the opening salvo on this, where it mentioned that these searches can happen anywhere within 25 miles of the border. Now, “Under federal law, the Border Patrol can set up checkpoints up to 100 air miles from any international border, or from the shoreline. Within the first 25 miles, federal agents can stop drivers who seem suspicious, and they can search and conduct surveillance of private property. “
In other words, the entire city of Detroit, and a goodly portion of the metropolitan Detroit area, can be rousted if they seem suspicious to the feds. Hmmmm. Coincidentally, most of that area voted Democratic (or tried to) a week ago. These coincidences somehow seem to be mounting up in the last week:
- Amazingly enough, in all the races where Drinky McDumbAss spent our tax dollars campaigning on partisan political lines, the Repugnicants pulled away in the last hour of vote counting to ‘win’ the (s)elections;
- Amazingly enough, one of the chips in a voting machine was found to hand victory to the Repugnicants, when in fact the results of the vote was an overwhelming Democratic victory;
- Amazingly enough, 3 Repugnicant candidates got the same number of votes in the People’s Republic of Tax-Ass;
- Amazingly enough, after complaining that the Wellstone memorial was a ’paid political announcement’ by the Democrats, the Smirking Chimp does the exact same thing on Veterans Day – using the occasion to pump us up for a war on Iraq;
- Amazingly enough, the Media Whores jump all over the Wellstone memorial’s partisan tone just before the (s)election; and
- Amazingly enough, the Media Whores are silent when BabyDoc is more stridently partisan a week after the (s)election has been
Will wonders never cease? Maybe in a couple of years…